Open Full-Time Nanny and Part-Time Babysitting Jobs
We’re a very selective network that receives some amazing full-time and part-time jobs. We are actively recruiting for the jobs below. If you don’t see a specific job that fits, please still apply, as we receive new opportunities daily. To join, please fill out our application or learn more about our screening process. We receive new full-time nanny jobs and part-time babysitting positions daily! Before applying, please review our qualifications.
Calling all Brooklyn and Manhattan babysitters and nannies looking for after-school positions now and for the 2015-2016 school-year!
- Schedule: We have multiple positions available for after-school schedules 5 days per week, 4 days per week, and 2-3 days per week. Hours are typically around a 3PM start time and around a 7PM end time, though they vary from position to position
- Rate: Typically $20-$25/hr or $400-$600 per week, depending on the number of hours. We seek to establish regular minimum weekly salaries for after-school nannies and babysitters so you can comfortably commit to the family!
- Commitment: Right now, after-school positions run through June 2015 with the possibility to extend to the next school year if it works out. We are already actively recruiting candidates looking for an August/September start (2015-2016 School Year).
- Responsibilities: School pick-up, homework help, light meal prep, actively hanging out with the kids, sharing in their activities (from soccer to ballet), being a part of the family team!
- Start date: ASAP for positions through June, August/September 2015 for the upcoming school year
- Requirements: At least two stellar references from recent childcare or childcare related positions
Full-Time Upper West Side Nanny/Cook Needed for Family with 4-mo-old baby girl! Spanish a huge plus!
- Ideal Babysitter: Self sufficient, experienced with infants, Spanish-speaking is a huge plus, flexible for an occasional weekend day instead of a weekday would be a plus (but not a requirement). You don’t need to be a fancy chef, however the family would really like someone who truly enjoys food and cooking.
- Kids: Baby girl, 4 months old
boy, 6 years old – The 6-year-old has been working with another SmartSitter who’s been with the family for the last three years. She loves them and will continue working with the family, and primarily with the 6-year-old, and help out as needed with the baby girl or in general.
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM (4 PM is ok if needed, however 8-5 is ideal), The family may occasionally want to switch a weekend day in for a weekday if you are open to it. They can be flexible if you would rather not do this.The family travels to the Hamptons for July and August. Ideally, you will feel comfortable coming out there for 3-4 days/week. (You would have nice accommodations within the home.) If you are interested in not working during the summer (with some kind of minimized income), the family is open to this as well if you prefer, or they can work out some kind of compromised arrangement, based on your preference.
- Salary: $20-25/hour gross (taxes will be taken out)
- Start Date: ASAP!
- Responsibilities: In the morning, the responsibility is primarily as a nanny for the baby girl. Spend quality time with her, feeding, napping, reading, help her navigate the world. In the afternoon, the responsibility will shift to food shopping for the family and food preparation for the family. The family has a housekeeper who comes twice weekly, and some general tidying is helpful as well. The family enjoys foods that are organic and healthful. Simple and well balanced, and seasoned well. For example, a protein, vegetables, salad, starch, a side of quinoa, maybe a spicy salsa on the side (the dad likes spicy food!) would all be great. Brown rice, no white pasta or white rice, that sort of thing. Mom is in and out all the time and actively helpful when she’s around. The family’s current SmartSitter will also be there. The parents are super respectful and wonderful and lovely. Family has two small friendly and sweet dogs.
- Commitment: Looking for a multi-year commitment.
Full-time Nanny Job in Brooklyn Heights with 3 year old girl and 1 year old boy!
- Ideal Nanny: Professional, loves talking to the kids, imaginative play, reading books, great communicator who is comfortable talking through conflicts.
- Kids: Jovial and sweet one year old boy. He’s almost at the age where he’ll start some classes. Outgoing 3 year old girl, attends pre-school three mornings each week, loves dancing, music, and gymnastics. Her napping days are numbered!
- Schedule:Mondays through Thursdays, 8/8:15 AM – 7/7:15 PM (11 hours/day), Fridays, 8:30 AM – 2 PM. Some flexibility within the schedule may be needed.
- Salary: $20-22/hour (gross, taxes will be taken out)
- Start Date: ASAP!
- Responsibilities: Prepare meals for the children, play, take kids to activities, school pick up for daughter, lunch, nap time, open play activity, dinner, bath time, reading, tidy up after the kids, empty the diaper pail, load/unload the dishwasher, let the parents know if they’re running low on anything, laundry (in the basement). Grandma often comes by and helps out in the afternoons. This is helpful, especially when it comes to laundry time!
- Commitment: 1+ years if it’s a great fit!
Still Open: Family in Prospect Heights, Brooklyn seeking full-time Spanish-speaking nanny!
- Ideal Nanny: Fluent in Spanish, experienced with toddlers and pre-school aged children, zest for live, love of the arts and a willingness to incorporate that into the position, loving attitude towards kids, safety-conscious, looking to make a long-term commitment.
- Kids: Two lovely children, 4 year old girl and a 2 year old boy.
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, 7:15 AM – 6:15 PM.
- Salary: $52,000 – $65,000
- Start Date: ASAP! Still looking for the right fit!
- Responsibilities: getting the kids ready for school, household duties (change a light bulb, clean up dishes, grocery shopping), playing actively with the kids, drawing, school pick-up, dinner prep for the family a few days per week
- Commitment: 1 year to start, but hopefully longer if all goes well!
Still Open: UES Family Seeking 3.5 – 4 day per week live-in housekeeper! Competitive Salary!
- Schedule: 3.5-4 days per week live-in. Open to various schedules for the right live-in candidate. Live-out when not working. Early morning start time (6:30 AM). Family is located on the Upper East Side.
- Rate: Competitive and negotiable. Starting at $50,000 – $75,000/year and DOE. Health insurance provided. Live-in accommodations include your own bedroom with TV and bathroom.
- Responsibilities: Making beds, laundry, vacuuming, cleaning, ironing, etc in a two-floor house. Must be very clean, detail oriented, and a great multi-tasker. Other responsibilities include assisting with the children in the morning until the nanny arrives. There are multiple children. The youngest is approximately 5 years old. You may need to accompany one child to an activity. There is a small dog that will need to be walked.
- Start date: ASAP. Actively recruiting for great candidates!
- Requirements: Minimum of 7-10 years experience required. Live-in only. Must have a command of the English language. Must be legal to work in the US.
Cobble Hill 6-mo-old After School 15-25 hrs/wk $20-25/hr!
- Ideal Nanny: Intelligent, college-educated, lively, warm, experienced with infants, comfortable working on the books, committed through the middle of June without a doubt
- Kids: 6-month old boy
- Schedule: The schedule is after-school and the number of hours can vary depending on what you are looking for. The family is really looking for the best candidate. They can be flexible on rate and other details for the right person. The general need is either Monday through Thursday, 3 PM – 7 PM, OR Tuesday through Thursday, 3 PM – 7 PM. They will tack on additional afternoon hours if the person is looking for a minimum of $500/week. If the person is flexible on rate, there is flexibility within the schedule as well!
- Salary: The rate is ideally $20/hour and the maximum weekly rate is $500/week.
- Start Date: ASAP!/li>
- Responsibilities: Spend quality time with the little baby, speak to him in French (if you happen to speak French), play, actively engage him and do age appropriate activities together
- Commitment: Through June 2015
AFTER SCHOOL: UWS fabulous ‘tween ladies, 12 & 14, $400/week!
- Ideal Nanny: Fun, bubbly, energetic, relatable, open to giving the girls their space as needed, city savvy, experienced with these age groups, can help with homework, and very creative!
- Kids: 14-year-old girl – very self sufficient, gets herself home from school. 12-year-old-girl – likes having relatable pal with whom to walk home from school and spend some quality time together. Both are very bright, enthusiastic, and lots of fun!
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, 3 PM – 7 PM
- Salary: $20/hour; $400/week
- Start Date: ASAP!
- Responsibilities: running occasional errands, pick up the younger daughter from school, help with homework, bring to/from activities, snack and dinner prep, grocery shopping
- Commitment: Through June 2015
Looking for a Full-Time Nanny Job in Manhattan or Brooklyn?
- Ideal Full Time Nanny Candidates: 4 year college degree and/or previous full-time nanny experience, excellent references, reliable, punctual, positive attitudes, great conflict resolution skills, go with the flow attitudes, adaptable, MUST LOVE CHILDREN!
- Schedule: Full-time availability, typically 40-55 hours per week
- Salary: $15-$25/hr
- Start Date: We are always looking for excellent full-time nannies. Please submit your application to be considered for all full-time nanny positions.
- Commitment: Full-time nannies should be willing to make a minimum of 1 year assuming it’s a great fit.
Looking for an After-School or Part-Time Babysitting Job in Manhattan or Brooklyn?
- Ideal Babysitters Reliable, positive personalities, excellent judgment skills, go with the flow attitudes, energetic, fun, comfortable navigating the city, and willing to make a school-year long commitment or longer.
- Schedule: Available Monday through Friday, typically from around 3PM – 7PM. There are occasionally after-school positions that don’t require all 5 days, but those are less common.
- Salary: $15-$25/hr
- Start Date: Always ASAP!
- Commitment: Families typically request a commitment through the remainder of the school year. SmartSitting can help fill in occasional conflicts by recommending temporary babysitters.