Open Full-Time Nanny and Part-Time Babysitting Jobs
We’re a very selective network that receives some amazing full-time and part-time jobs. We are actively recruiting for the jobs below. If you don’t see a specific job that fits, please still apply, as we receive new opportunities daily. To join, please fill out our application or learn more about our screening process. We receive new full-time nanny jobs and part-time babysitting positions daily! Before applying, please review our qualifications.
Full-Time Nanny needed in Tribeca for 2-year-old girl and a teeny baby! (Manhattan: $900 – $1125/week)
- Ideal Nanny: The family is looking for a caregiver who is as comfortable with an infant as with a toddler, someone neat and organized, fun, not afraid to go to the water park and get wet or get a little dirty when playing with the kids, tidy, proactive, has lots of energy and also can be calm, someone with a “can do” attitude, neat and organized. The family is looking for a minimum commitment of a year. Also, if you are open to travel, this is a huge plus.
- Schedule: The schedule is Monday through Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM. The family will need assistance 4-5 times/year with short travel trips (to Venice, Toronto, etc..) The family also needs evening and weekend assistance, however they will work with other SmartSitters to help with this need.
- Kids: Girl, age 2 – She loves to read. She loves to be outside. She’s super verbal. She loves language. She loves singing. She loves music. She’s a super happy kid. She’s a really good sleeper. She’s really sensitive. She’s really fun to hang out with. She’s up for anything. She loves people watching. She’s independent, but she’s always up for the company. She loves the baby. She’s always talking about the baby. She’s really sweet. Her little outbursts are pretty limited. She’s pretty good about calming herself down. She loves other kids. She’s a good little wing person. Teeny baby girl (4 months old!) – She’s such a little potato, it’s hard to tell!
- Rate: $20-$25/hour, $900-1125/week
- Commitment: Candidates should be looking to stay in the position for at least 1 year.
- Responsibilities: Arrive at 8 AM and be with the teeny baby. Mom will take the 2-year-old to school (and pick her up later at noon). Spend quality time with the little baby and help with bathing and feeding her and putting her down for a nap. Feeding, bathing, quality time with the 2-year-old once she’s home after noon as well. When girls are sleeping, the family will also need assistance with the girls’ laundry, general tidying around the apartment (related to the girls’ and the kitchen), and occasional light errands (grab a pint of milk, put groceries away when delivered). The family has a sweet, old black lab and they will also need assistance walking and feeding the dog (she’s easy / quick outside). If the girls are awake, there may be some walks around the neighborhood, trips to the park, etc.. Everything is super local.
- Additional Information: The family is really sweet and loving and laid back, and they’re looking for someone who has a great energy and is proactive and tidy and can easily jump into the swing of things. The parents are super respectful and wonderful people. The position start date could be August 1 or mid-September. The family is going away the last two weeks of August and the first week of September. The family also has a super old, sweet black lab.
Full-Time Nanny/After-School Babysitter needed on the Upper East Side (Yorkville) for 8-year-old girl and 4-year-old boy! (Manhattan: $800 – $1000/week)
- Ideal Nanny: College educated, reliable, exercises discipline in a way that is sensitive (kids respond better to an even tone vs. strong, louder tone), energetic, comfortable cooking, can encourage the kids to be independent, can help with homework
- Schedule: The regular hours are: Mondays through Thursdays 3:30 PM – 7:30 PM and Fridays, 2:30 PM – 6:30/7:30 PM.
The average week will be 20-25 hours/week. This said, there are about 45 days during the school year where the family will need full day coverage, most of which can be outlined in advance. The days will be on school holidays, unforeseen full days (ie. a snow day), and sick days. To this end, the family is comfortable guaranteeing $800-1000/week.
- Kids: 8-year-old girl – She loves everyone. She is super super happy. She was described by a teacher once as a “beam of light.” She’s really social, loves to be with friends, likes to read, very athletic, a strong skier, into swimming and soccer, friendly, open, likes to please, does swim and soccer after school. 4-year-old boy is in pre-k in the fall (full days). He’s reserved. He can be a little nervous. He’s getting more social with kids. Shy isn’t the right word. He’s really sensitive. He’s observant. He’ll laugh a lot and have fun after feeling really comfortable with someone, but it can take a while for that to happen. He’ll probably have a playdate each week or so (at someone else’s home or at the fam home), and less after school programming. He has swim lessons. The children have different interests.
- Rate: $20-$25/hour, $800-$1000/week
- Commitment: Candidates should be looking to stay in the position for long-term, 1 year+ (ideally 2 years+)
- Responsibilities: Arrive to the apartment around, prepare a snack, kids will arrive home on the bus (4 PM Monday through Thursday they’ll arrive, 3:30 PM on Fridays), take kids to swim lessons, playdates (mostly for the boy), prep and make dinner (boy needs eating encouragement), 6:30 PM get ready for bedtime, bath/shower, teeth, pjs, reading, quiet time, 8 PM bed time.
- Additional Information: Because the family is offering a full-time salary of $800-1000/week gross, they are looking for someone who will make this position their top priority. In other words, you must always be available to work a full weekday if needed, even though the usual schedule will be 20-25 hours/week. They also have pet fish.
Full-Time in Prospect Heights with 1 year old boy and 2 year old girl!
- Ideal Nanny: Full of energy, bubbly, dependable, easy-going. Knowledge of early childhood education is a plus. Not allergic to cats (the family has one).
- Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 8:30 AM – 6 PM, Thursdays 12:30 PM – 6 PM.
- Kids: Boy just started walking and is full of energy! Likes to run, climb, read, sing and loves music. Girl is in school during the day. She’s very creative and outgoing.
- Rate: $18/hr (net)
- Commitment: Candidates should be looking to stay in the position for at least 1 year.
- Responsibilities: Care is mostly for the 1 year-old. Taking him out when the weather is nice, making snacks and meals, running around with him. Picking up the daughter from the school bus and occasionally taking her to play dates.
Summer or Full-Time on Upper East Side Prospect Heights with 1-month-old girl!
- Ideal Nanny: The family is looking for someone who has a great deal of experience with newborn infants. They want the nanny to be able to draw on their extensive previous experience with newborns to comfort her and take care of her everyday needs. They are also looking for someone who can be flexible at times, when needed. If the family finds someone to keep on beyond the summer, they are looking for someone who has multi-year experience with children from their infancy into the years following.
- Schedule: The summer schedule is Monday through Thursday from 12 PM to 5 PM. The family is also looking for a full-time nanny to start September 9. 20 hours/week in summer; 50/hours/week after Labor Day for the full-time position. If they hire the full-time nanny now, there is flexibility with the full-time start date.
- Kids: She is a teeny baby girl who is sweet and loves being held a lot. She can be fussy at times but is absolutely adorable.
- Rate: $20/hr ($400/week gross) for the part-time position
- Commitment: For the full-time position, the family is looking for a multi-year commitment.
- Responsibilities: In the summer, they are looking for someone to help during the day with feeding, burping, changing diapers, comforting her when she cries, and getting her to sleep. For the full-time position, other duties including meal prep, keeping things tidy around the house, including the kitchen (dishes, meal clean up, etc.), taking care of the baby’s laundry, running errands, and grocery shopping.
Full-time in Flatiron with 6 your old boy & 4 year old girl!
- Ideal Nanny: The family is looking for someone who is a good communicator with both the parents and the children, and someone who can be a role model for the children. Lots of energy, engaging, happy to utilize teachable moments, and attentive. If you have teaching experience in a classroom, this is a plus. They are looking for someone who is comfortable being a team with the parents and can work with their style and discipline.
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM – 6:30 PM (with a break!)
- Kids: Boy is in school all day, until 2:30 PM or 3:15 PM. He likes chess, Minecraft, and playing legos and magnatiles with his little sister. He has a ton of energy and he’s somewhat of a picky eater, although he’s getting better with that. Girl is in an afternoon preschool from 12:30 PM – 3:20 PM. She has lots of personality, loves to talk about her day, loves arts and crafts, writing, drawing, painting, and building with legos and magnatiles with her big brother.
- Salary: $20/hour ($1100/week gross)
- Responsibilities: The family is looking for someone to arrive at 7:30 AM, prepare breakfast for the children, get them ready, bring both children to drop off boy at school, take the girl to art class or playdate, feed her lunch, bring her to school, and help with light household (dishwasher, errands) while children are at school. The SmartSitter will have some down time between 12:30 and 3 PM. Then pick the children up at school at 3:15 PM, take them to after school activities, do arts and crafts projects with them, give them dinner, and take care of bath time.
- Commitment: Long-term, minimum 1 year +
After-school or Full-Time (Flex!) on Upper West Side with two boys, ages 6 and 8!
- Ideal Nanny: Loves kids, encourages learning, has a joy for kids and their development, detail oriented on tasks around the house, responsible, likes playing games with the kids, reading, supporting their school and after school activities, savvy and able to be adaptable to changing situations, attention to detail, tech savvy, can use Uber, ideally speaks Spanish (flexible)
- Kids: They love the park, art, chess, science, math, playing with friends. They love school and are very active there. They really enjoy traveling and the outdoors. They are warm, funny, outgoing, and friendly. The boys are both pretty cerebral.
- Schedule: This position can be full-time or an after school position. The family is flexible. Full-Time schedule would be
Monday through Friday, 10 AM - 7 PM with an occasional evening (until 9/10 PM) if you have the flexibility. After-school schedule would be Monday through Friday, 1 PM – 7 PM, plus an occasional evening if available. The family may need full day coverage occasionally. If you can accommodate this, this is a big plus.
- Salary: $20-25/hour
- Responsibilities: Pick the kids up at school and take them to play dates, light tidying, meal preparation and snacks, occasionally assisting with laundry (for the boys mostly), homework help when needed, groceries and errands as needed, etc. Looking for someone willing to do a balance of childcare and household care (grocery shopping, kids laundry, cooking etc.)
- Commitment: long-term, ideally 1-2 years+
- Additional Information: One of the boys has some allergies and he has asthma that just comes up during the cold season. He just uses an inhaler if needed.
Full-time Nanny needed in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn for two girls, ages 2 and 5!
- Ideal Nanny: Looking for a nanny who is creative, loving, and reliable. The person should be proactive about keeping things tidy and organized while engaging the kids.
- Kids: The family has two girls, ages 5 and 2. They are both super fun and entertaining. They are real girly girls. They love drawing, playing dress up, and running around in the playground. The older girl is also in ballet.
- Schedule: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 11:30 AM – 7 PM, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9 AM – 7 PM + two floating evenings each week, until about 10:30 or 11 PM. Flexibility is a plus.
- Salary: $20/hr ($980/week gross)
- Responsibilities: The oldest will be in school Monday through Friday from 9 AM – 3 PM and the youngest girl is in school Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9 AM – 11:30 AM. Responsibilities include pick up for both girls, taking them to activities or to the playground, and just having fun until the parents arrive home. The family is also looking for someone who can help with some housework including light meal preparation, meal clean up, and engaging kids in clean up with toys. The family has a full-time housekeeper/cook who will help with heavier cleaning and most meal prep.
- Commitment: 1+ years if it’s a great fit!
- Additional Information: The family will be out of town beginning August 7 through Labor Day and is looking for someone to start immediately when they come home. They are looking to interview people any time from now to August 7.
Full-time Nanny Job on Upper West Side with 8-month-old boy!
- Ideal Nanny: Calm, sweet, soft, receptive to parents’ input, communicative, not a huge disciplinarian (the family doesn’t do crying it out)
- Kids: Boy is teething, playing in swings, listening to stories, looking in the mirror, giving kisses, and eating with gusto!
He goes to sleep at 6:15 PM.
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8 AM – 6:30 PM(ish). Friday end time will be at sundown. This will vary based on the season.
- Salary: $52,000 (gross)
- Responsibilities: Get baby dressed, take to classes, feed meals, bathe, possibly put to sleep, clean up after playing. The family has a weekly cleaning person.
- Commitment: 1+ years if it’s a great fit!
Part-Time After-School Jobs
After-School Babysitting in Brooklyn (Windsor Terrace) with 5-year-old boy ($500/wk)
- Ideal Babysitter: The family is looking for someone who is engaged, caring, and someone who can encourage him to go to the playground
- Kids: 5-year-old boy. Curious, active, healthy, not terribly sporty or physical, he can be pretty sedentary, loves playing toys and legos, he’s cautious with physical stuff, social, good sense of humor. He goes to a Montessori summer camp.
- Schedule: Monday – Friday, 2:30 PM – 7 PM (at the latest) The family is comfortable paying $22/hour and guaranteeing $500/week. They may very occasionally need help in the evening. The parents travel for work occasionally.
- Salary: $300-$500/week
- Responsibilities: School pick-up, after school activities (around 4 PM), soccer after school, homework help, bathing
dinner prep (Note: if you’re interested in making meals for the whole family, this would be a plus. If not, that’s a-ok and it can be dinner just for the little boy).
- Commitment: A 1-year commitment is really important to the family.
- Additional Information: The position begins September 9. The family is looking to interview any time, and August interviews are a-ok.
After-School Babysitting Job on the Upper West Side with 4-year-old boy (15-20 hours per week)!
- Ideal Babysitter: The family is looking for someone who is reliable, safe, and invested in helping the boy with his reading and writing.
- Kids: Just turned 4! He is energetic, happy, playful. He is also learning to read and write.
- Schedule: The core summer schedule will be Monday through Friday, 5 PM – 8 PM. When school starts it shifts to Monday through Friday, 2:30 PM – 5:30/6 PM. Some Wednesdays may be shorter as the father works shorter hours. The family may end up shifting the regular schedule to 4 hours/day.
- Salary: $300-$500/week
- Responsibilities: The family is looking for someone to pick the boy up from the camp bus in the UWS in summer and from school in September and beyond. They will bring him home, help him with his homework, and do fun activities with him until one of the parents arrive home. He is learning to read and write so time spent practicing these skills is very important.
There is no cooking or dinner prep required with this position.
- Commitment: A 1-year commitment is really important to the family.
- Additional Information: The parents are divorced and live separately but in the same neighborhood. The boy splits his time at both apartments. The family is looking for someone to start ASAP.
After-School Babysitting Job in Chelsea with 5-year-old boy and 2 year-old girl!
- Ideal Babysitter: The family is looking for someone sporty, artistic, fun, friendly, yet still firm when necessary and good with more than one child at a time.The family loves babysitters and nannies who are very crafty and can turn any scenario or environment into a fun arts and crafts project for the children.
- Kids: Boy loves to make art and do science projects, loves playing sports and going to the park, going to museums. He has a curious nature. Girl loves the park and arts and crafts. They both love to “cook”. The position is for both children.
- Schedule: The family is looking for help Monday through Thursday, 2 PM to 7 PM. If you are interested, there are additional hours available on occasional late nights and weekends. The family also has a home in the Hamptons and if the candidate is interested, there is additional opportunity to start early on weekends during Summer. You would have your own guest house in the Hamptons! Wow!
- Salary: $25-$30/hour, 500-$600/week
- Responsibilities: The SmartSitter would pick the children up from school, take them to the park or to their play dates, come home, and do art or science activities, clean up after the children, oversee bath time and putting the children to bed.
- Commitment: Mid-August through May, or longer if possible.
- Additional Information: Please list your full availability, including if you are available on weekends for trips to the Hamptons. The position will begin in mid-August with possibility of spending a few weekends in the Hamptons sooner. The family is looking for the right fit, so if you are looking for more steady work, this could be accommodated.
After-School Manny needed for three boys on the Upper East Side!
- Ideal Manny: Intelligent, college-educated, lively, warm, experienced with infants, comfortable working on the books, committed through the middle of June without a doubt
- Kids: Three boys, ages 7, 11, and 15
- Schedule: 30 hours/week flex. Most likely after school hours, possibly weekends occasionally or regularly, probably a few days/week
- Salary: $25-35/hour
- Responsibilities: After-school pick up, bringing the boys to activities, hang out with them. They have a small dog too!
After-school babysitting job in Tribeca with 9-year-old boy! (Mon, Weds, Thur + Alternating Fridays)!
- Ideal Nanny: The family is looking for someone who is patient, understanding, and creative. The babysitter would work with the boy on interpreting social cues and situations, as well as guiding him with what appropriate responses would be in various situations. He needs a babysitter who can help him with his responses and learning whether it is an academic, emotional or social situation. The ideal babysitter is disciplined and experienced working with children, especially regarding homework. The family is also looking for someone who is neat, clean and highly organized. Additionally, punctuality is key, as is someone who is responsible and knows the city well. Lastly, they should be a person who is comfortable cleaning up after themselves and the 9-year-old boy. The family would also like for babysitter to occasionally walk their family dog.
- Kids: 9-year-old boy – The boy is into gymnastics, chess, swimming, soccer, bey blades, hex bugs, comics, reading, and video games. He has some attention challenges and needs help sticking to his schedule with helpful reminders about what needs to be done next, not losing things, and focusing. He has sensory sensitivities, and can be emotionally sensitive as well. He is highly imaginative, creative, outgoing and enthusiastic. He loves to play, build, create, and make things. He is very talkative, cuddly and sweet. He has an innocent and trusting nature. He can be stubborn and bossy, but just needs to be reminded about the right things to do and how to behave.
- Schedule: The core hours are Mondays, 4:45 PM to 9 PM, Wednesdays, 4:30 PM to 9 PM, Thursdays, 3:15 PM to 9 PM, and every other Friday, 3:15 PM to 6/7 PM. The family is also looking for 10 to 15 hours of regular personal assistant work. The hours are flexible and potentially two full days.
- Salary: $550-700/week + metro card
- Responsibilities: Pick the boy up from school on the UES, bring him home to TriBeCa, help with his homework, play board games and/or legos, supervise playdates, prepare dinner for him, clean up, help out with bath, and help put him to bed. Personal assistant responsibilities will include taking care of paperwork, making doctor appointments and travel arrangements, picking up and dropping items at the dry cleaner, shopping for food and clothes for the boy, picking up last minute items, and light proofreading help for the mom if the babysitter is open to that. This will occur when the boy is in school.
- Commitment: Minimum through June 2016 +
- Additional Information: This position will start just after Labor day and the family will begin interviewing the first week of August.
After-School Babysitter needed on Upper West Side with 11-year-old girl and 8-year-old boy!
- Ideal Nanny: Proficiency in French is a plus, responsible, engaging, reliable, neat, athletic (if you enjoy soccer this is a plus!)
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, 2 PM – 7:30 PM The schedule may be more full-time between August 17 and September 4. Flexibility to cover school holidays would be hugely appreciated. Additionally, the family may occasionally need evening help
- Kids: Girl has travel soccer practice and is studying French. Boy is super artistic and creative, sweet and sensitive, loves to draw and write stories. Children are fun loving and enjoy sports (particularly soccer). Both kids play piano. The family hosts a religion class at the home once a week.
- Salary: $20-22/hour (gross)
- Responsibilities: From 2 PM – 3:30 PM, responsibilities will include dinner prep, grocery shopping, kitchen clean up, and light housework (beds, laundry for kids). School pick up (girl, 3:30 PM, boy arrives home on the bus around 4 PM), schlep to activities, homework help, prepare healthy and well-balanced meals for children, and kitchen clean up. This is a no TV, no video games household.
- Additional Information: The family would like to begin meeting candidates the week of June 15. The position will begin August 1 with some flexibility to start earlier.
After-School Babysitting Job (Wednesdays and Thursdays) in the Village with 5-year-old boy, and 11 and 9 year old girls!
- Ideal Nanny: Someon who will encourage the little boy to be independent, help the girls with homework, an education/special education/OT student would be a plus (but not a requirement), fun, engaged with the kids, can also be firm about completing responsibilities, can help the little boy calm down if he gets upset
- Schedule: For the summer, the schedule is flexible and the need will be in the Hamptons generally about two days/week (flex), live-in. For the school year, the absolute need is Wednesdays and Thursdays, 2:30 PM – 8 PM. The family is happy to guarantee a minimum of 20 hours/week and add on another 1-2 days after school and a date night or weekend time.
- Kids: 11 year old girl loves to read, make movies and edit them on her computer, and loves her coding and robotics class at school. 9 year old girl loves playing basketball with her friends and is a passionate baker. 5 year old boy loves to play with action figures, build forts, and care for his guinea pig and dog.
- Salary: $25/hour, $500/week
- Responsibilities: The family is looking for a caregiver who will be able to spend time with the little boy who has some special needs after school. He may need to go to his gym for therapy or need extra support at playground or on playdates.
The position will also include light food prep (pasta, chicken and vegetables, just heat up or simple food prep).
- Additional Information: The family is looking to interview the first week of August and the position will start around Labor Day.
After-School Flexible Days in Gramercy (3-4 days per week) with 6 and 9 year old girls!
- Ideal Nanny: Energetic, caring, kind, fun and responsible. The family would love someone who has at least three years of experience, CPR and First Aid training, and generally loves kids!
- Schedule: The summer schedule is 1-2 times per week for 3-4 hours (2:30 PM – 6:30 PM). Once school starts, the family is looking for help 3-4 days per week, 2:30 PM – 6:30 PM, plus some possible weekend or weekday date nights occasionally.
The mom works from home and has flexibility on the working days. If you have a conflict one or two weekdays during the week, it can likely be accommodated.
- Kids: Both girls are sweet, funny, kind, smart, loving, energetic and silly. The older one loves to sing, swim and perform; younger one loves tennis, dancing and art.
- Salary: $20-$25/hour
- Responsibilities: This would be mostly for after school (and camp this summer) pick ups, as well as homework help, cooking (snacks and dinner), shuttling them to playdates and after school activities, and watching them for an occasional evening (dinner/bath/putting them to sleep).
- Commitment: Ideally through the upcoming school year, but ongoing
- Additional Information: As the mom works from home, if you are a current student and your availability may shift from semester to semester, the mom will generally be able to accommodate that shift. The start date is July 1, 2015.
Looking for an After-School or Part-Time Babysitting Job in Manhattan or Brooklyn|
- Ideal Babysitters Reliable, positive personalities, excellent judgment skills, go with the flow attitudes, energetic, fun, comfortable navigating the city, and willing to make a school-year long commitment or longer.
- Schedule: Available Monday through Friday, typically from around 3PM – 7PM. There are occasionally after-school positions that don’t require all 5 days, but those are less common.
- Salary: $400-$600/week
- Start Date: Screening for great candidates now! Many positions will begin towards the end of August. You must be in our system by the end of July to take advantage of the busy season!
- Commitment: Families typically request a commitment through the remainder of the school year. SmartSitting can help fill in occasional conflicts by recommending temporary babysitters.