We hold our nannies and babysitters to high standards. All nannies and babysitters must:
- Have at least 2 years of professional experience working with children (professional experience as a babysitter or nanny is strongly preferred, but other child-care related experience is accepted).
- Have at least 2 stellar references from recent, professional childcare or childcare-related positions.
- Be extremely reliable and punctual.
- Demonstrate a passion for working with children.
- Possess problem-solving skills and a can-do attitude.
- Be able to commit to working with SmartSitting for at least 6 months.
- Be legal to work in the United States. We unfortunately don’t accept O-1 Visas.
- Be a non-smoker.
Candidates looking for full-time nanny jobs must have previous long-term experience as a professional nanny in a private residence (2+ years with one family). Candidates looking for full-time nanny jobs without 2+ years of previous full-time nanny experience must also:
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree (degrees in related fields like early childhood education, psychology, special needs, social work, and teaching are preferred but not required)
- Have at least one previous childcare position in a private residence and other child-care related experience to fulfill the minimum requirements above.
Families looking for full-time nannies are usually looking for a minimum commitment of one year. Some families are comfortable with a shorter commitment.
Families looking for after-school babysitters are usually looking for a commitment through the current school year, with the possibility of continuing on to the next year. Some families may be comfortable with a shorter commitment.