Open Full-Time Nanny and Part-Time Babysitting Jobs
We’re a very selective network that receives some amazing full-time and part-time jobs. We are actively recruiting for the jobs below. If you don’t see a specific job that fits, please still apply, as we receive new opportunities daily. To join, please fill out our application or learn more about our screening process. We receive new full-time nanny jobs and part-time babysitting positions daily! Before applying, please review our qualifications.
Calling all housekeepers looking for a 5 day per week live-in position on UES!
- Schedule: Friday through Tuesday live-in, though the schedule may change. Open to various schedules for the right live-in candidate. Early morning start time (6:30 AM). Family is located on the Upper East Side.
- Rate: Competitive and negotiable. Starting at $50,000 – $75,000/year and DOE. Health insurance provided. Live-in accommodations include your own bedroom with TV and bathroom.
- Responsibilities: Making beds, laundry, vacuuming, cleaning, ironing, etc in a two-floor house. Must be very clean, detail oriented, and a great multi-tasker. Other responsibilities include assisting with the children in the morning until the nanny arrives. There are multiple children. The youngest is approximately 5 years old. You may need to accompany one child to an activity. There is a small dog that will need to be walked.
- Start date: ASAP. Actively recruiting for great candidates!
- Requirements: Minimum of 7-10 years experience required. Live-in only. Must have a command of the English language. Must be legal to work in the US.
Calling all Brooklyn babysitters and nannies with after-school availability!
- Schedule: We currently have multiple position available that are approximately 3PM – 7PM, Monday through Friday, Monday through Thursday, Flexible 2-3 days per week, and more. We have lots of wonderful candidates from the UES and UWS, but we’re hoping to find some more locals.
- Rate: $15-$25/hr or $400-$600 per week, depending on the opportunity.
- Commitment: Ideally through June 2015, but longer is also great.
- Responsibilities: School pick-up, homework help, light meal prep, actively hanging out with the kids, sharing in their activities (from soccer to ballet), being a part of the family team!
- Start date: ASAP. Actively recruiting for great candidates
- Requirements: At least two stellar references from recent childcare or childcare related positions
Super Sweet Family in Prospect Heights, Brooklyn still seeking full-time Spanish-speaking nanny!
- Ideal Nanny: Fluent in Spanish, experienced with toddlers and pre-school aged children, zest for live, love of the arts and a willingness to incorporate that into the position, loving attitude towards kids, safety-conscious, etc.
- Kids: Two lovely children, 4 year old girl and a 2 year old boy.
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, 7:15 AM – 6:15 PM.
- Salary: $52,000 – $65,000
- Start Date: Yesterday. Still looking for the right fit!
- Responsibilities: getting the kids ready for school, household duties (change a light bulb, clean up dishes, grocery shopping), playing actively with the kids, drawing, school pick-up, dinner prep for the family a few days per week
- Commitment: 1 year to start, but hopefully longer if all goes well!
Montessori experienced nanny needed in Chelsea for super sweet family!
- Ideal Nanny: If you have any experience or training in Montessori, this is a huge plus. The family is looking for someone who knows the village neighborhood, is kind, warm, smart, communicative, friendly, and interactive with the kids, Spanish would be a plus it’s fine if the person doesn’t speak Spanish, if the person likes to cook that’s a huge plus, organized, will put things back after playing, is comfortable occasionally taking the 1-year-old on the subway in the stroller, not allergic to the cat.
- Kids: The family has a 3-year-old girl and 1 1/2 -year-old boy. The family is hiring another SmartSitter to help out some afternoons, so there will an extra pair of hands.
- Schedule:Wednesdays and Fridays, 8 AM – 8 PM, and Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, 2 PM – 8 PM, $20/hour. Also, if you are Montessori trained but your schedule doesn’t line up with the position exactly, please still apply and include the schedule you are available.
- Salary: $20/hr, $840/wk
- Start Date: Actively interviewing; ASAP
- Responsibilities: For weekday afternoons, with son or daughter. If with daughter, pick her up and drop off and take her to class and make sure she’ll eat something, occasional help with dinner prep, sometimes bath time, bed time routine.
Responsibilities with the son include playing, occasionally a bath, and simple food prep.
- Commitment: As long as possible
Still Open: Special Needs Experienced Full-Time Nanny Needed on UES!
- Ideal Nanny: Experienced with special needs (Sensory processing disorder, OT, SEIT experience is a plus), comfortable working in conjunction mom (she is home and AMAZINGLY helpful and loving)
- Kids: 6 year old boy
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, 11 AM – 8 PM or 12PM – 9PM, flexibility appreciated, 45 hours per week)
- Salary: $46,000 – $58,000/year ($20-$25 per hour)
- Start Date: Still accepting applications; ASAP
- Responsibilities: School pick up, fun activities, work with him and the set tools offered (and come up with new ideas) in order to help him navigate the world, simple meal prep (he’s gluten free and has some other food allergies), bath time, reading books, bedtime
- Commitment: 1+ years if it’s a great fit!
30-40 hours/wk in Hoboken with adorable 4 year old!
- Ideal Nanny: The family is looking for a college-graduate who ideally has some formal training in child education, is energetic, and can help the little boy talk about his feelings and develop these sorts of skills
- Kids: Boy, age 4 – He loves imaginary play!
- Schedule: Mondays, 2:30 PM – 7 PM, Tuesdays, 11 AM – 7 PM, Wednesdays, 2:30 PM – 7 PM, Thursdays, 11 AM – 7 PM, Fridays, 2:30 PM – 7 PM
- Salary: $15-$20/hr
- Start Date: ASAP!
- Responsibilities: School pick up, imaginative, creative, and educational play with the 4-year-old after pre-school, help develop his communication skills, cook for him. Responsibilities will include laundry and cooking for the family if the candidate is looking for 40 hours/week.
- Commitment: 1+ years if it’s a great fit!
After-School Babysitter Needed on Upper West Side! Flex 20-30 Hours Per Week ($400-$600/Week)
- Ideal Babysitter: Familiar with early childhood education (preschool teacher experience or education degree is a plus), really engaging, street smart, trustworthy.
- Kids: Girl age 7, boy age 3. Both kids are healthy and inquisitive. They would love someone engaging, fun, creative, who brings fun activities for them to do such as science projects, books to read, arts and crafts, puzzles, dress up and imaginary play games. The family also has a newborn, but this position will not have any responsibilities related to the newborn.
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, 12:30 PM-6:30 PM or 2:30PM-6:30PM. The family is flexible on which days are longer and which are shorter. They are also flexible to offer between 20 and 30 hours/week.
- Salary: $15-$20 per hour
- Start Date: January 2015
- Responsibilities: School pick-up, bringing them home or to after-school activities, planning and engaging the kids in interesting/fun/educational afternoon activities such as arts and crafts, games, reading, dress up; teaching them basic pre-K letters, numbers, counting; sitting with them at dinner, playing/educating.
- Commitment: Looking for someone through the school year (June 2015, longer if possible)
After-School Babysitting Job on Upper West Side ($500-$600/week)
- Ideal Babysitter: Energetic, enjoys, working with pre teens, French speaking would be a plus, interest in math and science also a big plus.
- Kids: Girl, age 12 (quiet, into swimming and piano); Boy, age 9 (into soccer, baseball, and piano). They love to do science experiments and build things. They do not like to watch TV. They lead an active life.
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, 3:30 PM – 9 PM. Occasional weekend assistance during the school year is a plus.
- Salary: $20-$25/hr, $550-$687.50/week
- Start Date: January 2015 (ASAP!)
- Responsibilities: Duties including picking up kids from school, taking them to sports practice, helping them with homework / school work and light clean up after dinner. On a secondary level, if the person is interested in working with the kids on math and vocabulary skills, as well and fun projects (time permitting!), this would be a huge plus.
- Commitment: Looking for a minimum commitment through June, however they also have occasional summer needs if the babysitter is available. They will also need help next school year if the babysitter is interested in continuing!
After-School Babysitter Job in Park Slope, Brooklyn!
- Ideal Babysitter: Someone who can truly motivate the kids with homework, comfortable cooking for the kids, positive, nice safety conscious, reliable
- Kids: Cheerful 11-year-old girl who is a great student and is active in swimming and dance; compassionate 9-year-old boy who enjoys reading about dinosaurs and creating 3-dimensional structures with paper.
- Pets: 1 dog, 1 lizard, 2 fish
- Schedule: Mondays, 1 PM – 6/7 PM; Wednesday through Friday 3PM – 7/8PM
- Salary: $17-$23 per hour
- Start Date: January 2015
- Responsibilities: School pick-up 2 days per week, assist with homework and studying, dinner prep, and ready gear for next school day
- Commitment: Through May 2015, longer if possible
After-School Nanny Job in Brooklyn Heights with 6 & 8 year old girls! ($500-$600 Per Week!)
- Ideal Nanny: Italian speaking is a plus, solid cook, firm but fun, No TV/computer during the week, “work first, fun second” mentality, willing to organize little projects for the girls, super creative is a plus, lots of energy!
- Kids: Girl, age 8: introverted and loves arts and crafts, reading and writing stories, gymnastics, piano, swimming, soccer, and nature. Has some allergies; Girl, age 6: extroverted, loves to laugh, be silly and perform. Also loves arts and crafts, gymnastics, swimming, monkey bars, violin. Both like to cook! .
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, 3 PM – 7 PM. Occasional flexibility to arrive at 1:30 or 2 PM is a plus. If the person can do occasional full day coverage, this is also a plus.
- Salary: $500-$600 per week
- Start Date: ASAP!/li>
- Responsibilities: Pick up from school, take them to after school activities and play dates, help with homework and practicing their music, and playing. When girls are in school or busy with activities, nanny would also help with errands (grocery shopping, post office, etc.), dinner prep (must be comfortable with meals, not too fancy!), and keeping girls’ toys and clothes weeded out and in order
- Commitment: Minimum 1 year commitment
Weekend Position with 5 Kids on the Upper East Side & Hamptons ($25-30/hr)
- Ideal Nanny: Smart, good judgement, fun, caring, willing to pitch in to do anything, relaxed, can handle a lot of different moving parts
- Kids: 5 Kids (3 girls, 2 boys) ranging from 1 years old to 12 years old
- Schedule: Saturdays and Sundays
- Salary: $25-30/hr, flat day rates for overnights in the Hamptons
- Start Date: January 2015
- Responsibilities: Playing games, helping with homework, overseeing playdates, taking a child to a class, picking up groceries, generally helping out and comfortable with pitching in and switching gears. Mom is at home helping along with a baby nurse and a full-time housekeeper, so there are lots of helping hands.
- Commitment: Long-term, ideally.
Looking for Temporary On-Call Babysitting and Nanny Jobs in New York?
- Ideal Characteristics: Incredibly reliable, experienced with a variety of ages, flexible availability, quick communicators, CPR certified or willing to become CPR certified, positive personalities, excellent judgment skills, happy dispositions, go with the flow attitudes, adaptable, excited to nanny and babysit!
- Schedule: Day-time availability at least 2-3 days per week (8AM – 6PM), evening availability, weekend availability.
- Salary: $15-$25/hr
- Start Date: We are always looking for excellent nannies and babysitters to join our pool of temporary, fill-in, and on-call SmartSitters. This is a highly competitive and selective network. We receive many on-call and temporary requests on a weekly basis. You must be accepted into our network to have access to these types of positions.
- Commitment: Candidates must plan to be active for a minimum of 6 months.
Looking for a Full-Time Nanny Job in Manhattan or Brooklyn?
- Ideal Full Time Nanny Candidates: 4 year college degree and/or previous full-time nanny experience, excellent references, reliable, punctual, positive attitudes, great conflict resolution skills, go with the flow attitudes, adaptable, MUST LOVE CHILDREN!
- Schedule: Full-time availability, typically 40-55 hours per week
- Salary: $15-$25/hr
- Start Date: We are always looking for excellent full-time nannies. Please submit your application to be considered for all full-time nanny positions.
- Commitment: Full-time nannies should be willing to make a minimum of 1 year assuming it’s a great fit.
Looking for an After-School or Part-Time Babysitting Job in Manhattan or Brooklyn?
- Ideal Babysitters Reliable, positive personalities, excellent judgment skills, go with the flow attitudes, energetic, fun, comfortable navigating the city, and willing to make a school-year long commitment or longer.
- Schedule: Available Monday through Friday, typically from around 3PM – 7PM. There are occasionally after-school positions that don’t require all 5 days, but those are less common.
- Salary: $15-$25/hr
- Start Date: Always ASAP!
- Commitment: Families typically request a commitment through the remainder of the school year. SmartSitting can help fill in occasional conflicts by recommending temporary babysitters.